There has been so much fear in the air lately...but NOT in my house. THIS right here is what brings us peace and casts out all fear. Read it, Declare it, Claim it for YOUR family. I have seen a lot of people post Psalm 91:10 "no evil will conquer you; no plague will come near your home" (NLT), but I encourage you to read the entire chapter - it's so so good for the days we are living in now.
It has been said that the words “FEAR NOT” appear in the Bible 365 times, one for each day of the year. Now, while that cliché may or may not be 100% accurate (I don’t know because I did not count the verses myself)…what I do know is that God tells us MANY, MANY, MANY times throughout the Bible to not fear! We ALL need to be reminded right now that fear is a tool of the enemy, designed to wreak havoc in the lives of those who will succumb to it. Fear does not come from God, because the Bible tells us that Perfect Love (God is Love) casts out ALL FEAR.
So believers, we have to stop!
Stop continuing to spread panic by posting pictures of bare shelves at Walmart, Costco and Target. Stop sharing the scary News Articles. Stop freaking out about travel regulations, businesses closing, celebrities infected, conferences cancelled… and the list goes on and on…
By you posting about these things… you are contributing to the CHAOS!
INSTEAD, try posting something encouraging. When people are scared, they are vulnerable. Use these times we are living in as an opportunity to point people to JESUS - the One who can bring them peace and protection…The One who can heal all disease and set them free from worry, doubt and fear. The One who can save their souls.
I personally believe that FEAR itself is a PANDEMIC. A pandemic is defined as "the worldwide spread of a new disease." Fear IS a disease & as we have seen, it spreads at a rapid pace. Fear is worry and anxiety, which cause high levels of stress, and according to The American Medical Association, “Stress is recognized by many as the No. 1 proxy killer disease today… and is the basic cause of more than 60 percent of all human illness and disease.”
So while people are all stressed about catching the Corona Virus, they are actually harming their bodies in ways they don’t even realize.
We need to dig into the Word more and stop allowing all the news reports to scare us. Turn off the news and get into the Word. Don't buy into the panic. If you are a believer in Christ, don't you believe His word is true?
He is FAITHFUL to fulfill every promise - and that includes Psalm 91. It's a Promise of God for all who place their TRUST in Him!
So I urge ALL believers - "Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful." (Hebrews 10:23)
This is our time to stand out. Not to blend in. This is our time to bring peace to our friends who are freaking out. This is our time to share the reason for the hope we have. To share our faith & explain why we are not worried. I do not believe that the Corona Virus will come near my dwelling, but even if someone I know gets sick from all this … I do know the One who can bring complete healing!
So friends, STAND on the Word. Speak the Word. Dig into your Bible & PRAY.
Pray for your family, but also pray for those all around the world who are affected by this Pandemic of not just COVID-19, but the Pandemic of Fear. Do not hide your light. Now is your time to SHINE.
This is my Prayer… Would you pray it with me?
There is power in unity and agreement.
Lord, I come to you in Jesus name and I ask you to forgive us.
Forgive us for any worry, doubt and fear.
I ask that You purify our hearts and minds.
Cleanse us of all unrighteousness.
Help us be more aware of what we think and speak.
Help us take every negative thought captive and speak only life-giving words.
Help us Lord, to stand on your Word and trust you fully.
Help us not to waver in our faith, but be strong and confident in Your faithfulness.
You are faithful, God, to fulfill every promise.
Together, as your people, we declare that no weapon formed against us shall prosper & that every evil thing that rises against us will be condemned.
We rebuke, cancel and destroy every assignment and attack of the enemy.
We know that Satan has come to steal, kill and destroy but that You have come to give us life and life more abundantly.
So in the mighty and powerful name of Jesus, we bind you Satan and render you helpless.
You are not welcome in our homes or near our families.
We know Lord, that your Word says, when we resist the devil, he MUST FLEE.
We thank You, Lord, for your protection and your angels that are surrounding us and fighting our battles in the heavenly realms.
We know that because we are Yours, we have already won this war.
We are more than conquerors in Christ Jesus, our Lord.
We are Victorious.
Now help us, Father, to be a light in the darkness,
To bring hope to the hopeless,
To be ready to share our faith with those who need you.
Help us to be your hands and feet in a world that so desperately needs your love, mercy, grace and healing right now.
I thank you for giving each believer the boldness and courage to stand for you in these challenging times.
Increase our hunger for your presence and thirst for your Word.
For we know that Your Word brings life to our bones and healing to our bodies.
We pray healing over those who have been infected and comfort over the families who have lost loved ones.
We pray that through this, many people would turn to you & surrender their lives to you.
We pray that You would somehow take what the enemy meant for evil and use it for good!
We petition You, Lord, for a swift end to this disease.
We pray this prayer, by faith, in Jesus name.
AMEN. AMEN. AMEN.
20 Verses to Defeat Fear
1. “He will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged.” (Deuteronomy 31:8)
2. “Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the Lord is kept safe.” (Proverbs 29:25)
3. “I prayed to the Lord, and he answered me. He freed me from all my fears.” (Psalm 34:4)
4. "Cast all your anxiety on Him, because He cares for you." (1 Peter 5:7)
5. “For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.” (2 Timothy 1:7)
6. “Jesus told him, ‘Don’t be afraid; just believe.’”(Mark 5:36)
7. “Cast your burden upon the LORD and He will sustain you; He will never allow the righteous to be shaken.” (Psalm 55:22)
8. “Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God I will strengthen you, surely I will help you, Surely I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.” (Isaiah 41:10)
9. “Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.” (Philippians 4:6-7)
10. “And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.” (Romans 8:28)
11. “Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.” (Psalm 23:4)
12. “Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.” (Joshua 1:9)
13. “Tell everyone who is discouraged, Be strong and don’t be afraid! God is coming to your rescue.” (Isaiah 35:4)
14. “Humble yourselves, then, under God’s mighty hand, so that he will lift you up in his own good time. Leave all your worries with him, because he cares for you.”(1 Peter 5:6 -7)
15. “God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble.” (Psalm 46:1)
16. “Don’t fear, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name; you are Mine.” (Isaiah 43:1)
17. “Perfect Love Casts Out All Fear.” (1 John 4:18)
18. “The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer.” (Psalm 18:2)
19. “The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? When evildoers assail me to eat up my flesh, my adversaries and foes, it is they who stumble and fall. Though an army encamps against me, my heart shall not fear; though war arises against me, yet I will be confident.” (Psalm 27:1-3)
20. “Peace is what I leave with you; it is my own peace that I give you. I do not give it as the world does. Do not be worried and upset; do not be afraid.” (John 14:27)